If CBN (or Cannabinol) is new to you, you probably have several questions on your mind. One of the most common questions we’re asked is, “How long will CBN stay in my system?” There are many reasons to ask this question: Some may want to know if it can show up on a drug test, others may be curious about how long the effects will last. Whatever your reasoning may be, , we dive into answering these questions and explore the factors that contribute to the amount of time CBN stays in your system.
How Long Does Cannabinol Stay In Your System?
There is no one exact answer to this question, because each body is unique and responds to CBN in a different way. Genetic inheritance influences your body’s bone structure, body size, shape, and weight, making the way you respond to outside stimuli unique to you. Factors that directly correlate with your body’s response to CBN include:
- Metabolism: A person’s metabolism will largely determine how quickly their body processes CBN. Whether or not you are taking CBN on a full or empty stomach, how much you exercise and your diet will play in as well.
- Frequency: How often you take CBN will affect how long it stays in your system. If you take CBN every day, it will stay in your system longer than if you take it once a week.
- Amount Consumed: Higher doses of CBN take longer to metabolize through your system than smaller doses do.
- Method of consumption: How you consume CBN helps to determine the duration of effects. This is because of bioavailability– the rate at which a substance is absorbed. CBN Oil in a tincture dropper is a popular method of consumption because it provides the highest rate of absorption.
- Purity and strength: Higher concentrations of CBN take your liver a longer amount of time to process than lower concentrations. Higher potency means the active ingredient will stay in your body longer.
Considering your body’s unique response, we can find an average amount of time CBN stays in your system by taking a look at how cannabinoids work with your body. Cannabinol (CBN) works by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, a regulatory network that keeps the body functioning at its best.
CBN oil typically will stay in your system for 2 to 5 days, but that range doesn’t apply to everyone. For some, CBN might stay in your system for weeks. This isn’t a bad thing! The CBN present in your system simply affects factors related to dosage such as tolerance. The more often you take CBN, the longer your body will retain it.
How Long Do the Effects of CBN Last?
CBN will typically start to take effect within 30-45 min. The length of time CBN will affect you also will vary depending on a multitude of factors listed above.
The effects you may feel are most commonly experienced between 2 to 6 hours. If you are taking CBN oil for sleep, consider taking it an hour before you intend to go to sleep. The effects often slowly take over over time and continue after you’re asleep, helping you to achieve a restful night without waking up.
For more information on how much CBN you should take check out this post: How much CBN oil should I take?
Interested in trying CBN?
Now that you understand how long CBN stays in your system, you should learn about the Benefits of CBN! (We’ll give you a clue, it’s most commonly used for pain, sleep, and anxiety). If you’re ready to try CBN for yourself, check out Right CBN Tincture! Your body and mind will love you for it.